Born in Paris, London based jewellery designer Natalie Simond is the founder and creative director of Amadeus.
Nathalie grew up in a multi-cultural environment and after spending her childhood living in several different continents she settled in London where she studied Fashion Design at the prestigious Central Saint Martin's School of Art. Her varied experience working in the fashion industry as well as her extensive travels across the globe always inspire her to create bespoke jewellery pieces that fill her and her clients with a sense of happiness. Amadeus is Nathalie's new love, a hand-made, eclectic and ethical inspired collection.
As a brand, Amadeus takes great care to ensure that all of our pieces are produced with a focus on sustainability and ethical practice. Hand producing all our pieces in our London studio gives us complete control over the entire process, from sourcing and production to setting and finishing. Key elements of our production include:
- Using recycled fair-trade silver and gold in all our jewellery
- Our gemstones are hand sourced in legislated and fair-trade mines that provide accurate tallying of toxic mining waste and that replenish mine sites as well as the environment through governmental regulated environmental programs.
- Our pearls are hand-picked in a farm in the Philippines what we personally invested in to make it eco-friendly.
- By working directly with the communities of those mines and farms we cut all the middle agents to ensure the money goes back into the local communities. In the last year those specific areas now have schools and internet access.
- We avoid harsh chemicals often used in jewellery making.
- Our packaging is made of re-used cardboard boxes
- Our jewellery pouches are made from the silk lining in vintage male suits and ladies’ handbags.
- We only produce a few collections a year and are very proud to create ethical jewellery for women by women.
For more information please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org