All jewellery benefits from being handled and worn with care and being kept clean. When not wearing your jewellery, it should always be kept in a soft pouch or jewellery box and out of direct sunlight. When in transit, protect in a box or pouch. Check that fastenings are secure on necklaces and bracelets and that butterflies are tight on earrings, especially when changing clothing.
Wearing jewellery in bed, while swimming, showering or at the gym should be avoided. Take care not to knock your rings or bangles on hard surfaces such as door handles or glass tables, as the metal may dent and gemstones can crack or chip. We recommend applying hair products and toiletries before putting on your jewellery.
Tips to make it last
- Humidity is the enemy; keep it dry! Store your goodies individually in the pouch included with your purchase.
- Avoid rough wear to slow down the natural process of “wear and tear”.
- Perfume, hairspray & other types of lotion may contain harsh chemicals that can tarnish your jewellery overtime.
- For extra care, gently wipe each piece of jewellery clean of any products and skin oils with a soft jewellery polishing cloth.
- Never use abrasive products to clean your jewellery. They can damage gold plating irreparably.